In this post we will be introducing 3 natural skin loving ingredients from the Philippines and revealing their amazing benefits in our soaps!
Recently we shared on our social media that we added 4 natural zero waste soap bars to our roster of things that we sell to individuals and business alike. [You can find them in our shop here.]
Adlai, also known as Job’s tears, is a grass-like crop indigenous to South-East Asia in countries like Japan, China, the Philippines, Burma and Thailand with different kinds of strains to which are edible. This crop is abundant in Zamboanga, Philippines and has risen to popularity as a healthier alternative to rice because it is gluten-free and reduces sugar levels in the blood. It also has other amazing benefits for health like helping to reduce fever and is known to have anti-inflammatory, antihistaminic, muscle relaxant properties. – What’s not to like? –
Because this grain is full healthy vitamins, enzymes, fatty acids and proteins it has long throughout history been used as a health food and beauty food and more recently as an ingredient for skin care. The Adlai seed protein and Vitamins B1, B12 and E all help to reduce the appearance of wrinkles and dark spots and because of the proteolytic enzymes (they breakdown proteins and peptides into amino acids, dissolving skin keratin) in the seed, it leaves the skin exceptionally soft and smooth!
If you use our Adlai soap it will:
- Leave a soft and healthy glow on your face.
- Help to even your skin tone when used regularly.
- Lighten scars and other dark spots on the face and body.
- Lock in moisture and eliminate excess oil secretion
Activated charcoal is one of the worlds favourite ingredients at the moment – along with his good friend coconut oil! – It is ingested for an internal detox, put into toothpaste to whiten teeth and is included in all sorts of skincare cosmetics because charcoal is known for its ability to absorb and draw out toxins. How you say? Because toxins become stuck to it. Activated charcoal has been treated with oxygen to open up millions of tiny pores and increase its surface area. It is like a solid black porous sponge that impurities and contaminants chemically bind to (adsorption).
Our activated charcoal soap benefits:
1. Treats oily skin – by absorbing excess oils from the skin.
2. Clears blemishes and treats acne – by gently exfoliating the skin and pulling out excess oils and impurities from beneath the surface of the skin.
3. Reduces the appearance of pores – by binding to the dirt in your pored and pulling them out making them appear less visible.
4. It’s suitable for every skin-type and makes skin tighter and firmer.
Calamansi or the “Golden Lime” is another native fruit in the Philippines and is a growing popular skin care ingredient. It is a citrus hybrid predominantly cultivated in the Philippines. It is native to places in other places in South-East Asia like southern China, Taiwan, Borneo, and Sulawesi. It is used widely in foods and has many health and beauty benefits. It is packed with vitamin C, a powerful antioxidant which keeps skin firm, helps to preserve it’s natural elasticity and even promotes the production of collagen.
The benefits of using our calamansi soap:
- It’s a natural deodorizer and helps fight body odour.
- It treats dark spots and dry itchy skin.
- Regulates skin oil production.
- A natural exfoliant, it will help to remove dead cells and reveal softer, fresher skin.
We hope that this blog post has given you some insight on the amazing benefits of these 3 natural skin loving ingredients from the Philippines.
If you are interested in any of our 4 natural and zero waste soap bars then head over to our shop where you can have a closer look at our soaps and their various sizes. We sell them to individuals and business alike.